The Friends of Gobions Park work to ensure the Park’s vitality as a treasured space within East Tilbury and encourages positive use and appreciation by our community, visitors and future generations.
“Gobions Park will become one of Thurrock’s most loved and welcoming parks – a source of pride that shows what can be achieved when East Tilbury & Linford come together. Gobions Park will be safe for our children, appreciated by our community and reflect the warm, inclusive community spirit that we wish to convey to our visitors.”
We achieve this by:
- Acting as a liaison between the community and Thurrock Council
- Utilising the skills and experience within our community to improve and maintain the Park
- Developing events and activities that brings the community into Gobions Park to learn, play and make friends
- Providing a forum for ensuring community input into future changes within Gobions Park
- Maintaining and promoting a positive park image
The park is situated in East Tilbury, near to East Tilbury Train station and just over the railway line from Linford.